Bring your group for a day, a weekend, or even a week. We look forward to meeting you! If you’re planning on visiting with more than ten people or would like to stay overnight, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 011-52-646-155-0714 (e-mail is better) to discuss possible dates and to go over any questions you may have.
Day visits or tour drop-bys are always welcome.
A passport or passport card is now required to re-enter the U.S. from Mexico for all travelers over 16. For more information, go to the US Passports website.
From time to time, Mexican Border Officials are asking to randomly see passports at the border and asking people to fill out a tourist visa card, just like every other country in the world. Since you have your passport for US entry this shouldn’t be a problem, we just wanted to let you know. We would love have you visit and we want it to go as smoothly as possible.
Mexican Car Insurance
We strongly suggest you purchase at least basic liability insurance when visiting Mexico (it is not legal to drive without it) If you’d like to purchase Mexican car insurance prior to your visit, Baja Bound offers short and medium-term policies online. If you purchase a policy by clicking on the link below, Door of Faith receives a donation! If you would prefer to buy insurance on your way down there are several insurance kiosks near the border on the US side that would be able to help you.
Visit: Baja Bound Mexican Insurance
If you are thinking of renting vans for your group we recommend ASAP Rentals out of San Diego. They will deliver the vans to wherever you may need in the San Diego County including the airport. You can also purchase Mexican car insurance through them for the vans you rent. Here is their website: http://www.asaprentavan.com/
One other great rental company is: California Rental Baja, they have great options including 4 wheel drives and they also offer Mexican Insurance. They can be reached at: http://cabaja.com/
Before you come please make sure you print out the directions below and carefully review it, if you have any questions about the directions please let us know. (We’re actually pretty easy to find)
Driving southbound from San Diego
- Take the southbound 5 or 805 freeway to the San Ysidro border crossing south of San Diego.
- After you cross the border, move to the right and head up the FIRST ramp on the right Follow the signs to the Ensenada/Rosarito Toll Road – also called the Scenic Route. After about 2 miles, the first right (ramp) will put you onto the toll road.
- Keep following signs toward Ensenada and Rosarito. You will remain on the toll road for approximately 50 mins. You will pass through two toll booths. About 25 minutes beyond the second tool booth you will see a sign for La Mision and/or La Fonda Hotel and Restaurant. Take the off ramp and turn left onto the “free” road.
- You are now heading south, parallel to the coastline. The road will veer to the left after about 1 mile and you will drop into a canyon with the town of Santa Anita on your right. One more mile and you will approach a long bridge–turn left down the dirt road just before the start of the bridge, directly across the street from Magana’s Restaurant and in front of a large hardware store.
- Door of Faith Orphanage is 1½ miles (2 km) up the dirt road on the left side. Drive carefully and have a great trip!