Each week our greatest needs vary but the following is a list of our basic, ongoing needs:
- Canned goods (fruit, vegetables, meat, tomato sauce, etc)
- Brooms, mops and buckets
- Diapers (sizes 5 & 6)
- Baby wipes
- Household cleaning supplies (Pine cleaners & bleach)
- Toilet paper
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Children’s Medicine (cough, cold, pain)
What we need right now!
If you are heading down this week we are currently in need of:
- Toilet paper
- Pine cleaner
- Laundry Detergent
- Diapers (size 5, 6 and pull ups)
- If you or your group is bringing donations to us, we recommend that you spread the items out over a number of vehicles so that customs agents don’t mistake you for an import/export business.
- We are often offered used clothes and gently used clothing is always appreciated but given the choice between clothes and food, we choose food. Also, used clothing in large quantities is not legal to cross into Mexico. Small amount (a bag or two) would be fine but if you bring more than that you risk having it taken away at the border. (frustrating, we know, but we want to respect the laws of the country we serve in)
- If bringing items across the border and to us makes you nervous, please know we respect specified financial donations. (diapers, food needs, etc.) Also, please know that Costco, Walmart, or HomeDepot gift cards are greatly appreciated. If you’re not coming down and still want to help, checks or gift cards can be mailed to our PO box in the US. Mailing Address Donations can also be made online here: Donate
- Used furniture (dressers, couches, etc)
- Used vehicles (not just vans, trucks and smaller cars are also a need)
All donations are Tax deductible, if you’re interested please ask for a receipt for donated items. Donations by check are sent a receipt automatically.